Meeting with Edgar notes

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 21:27:28 UTC 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 10:18 AM, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> stephane ducasse wrote:
> > Andreas
> >
> > You are probably right.
> > May be we went too down the road.
> > Now try to explain this guy that merging sophie, croquet, OLPC package
> > problems is not due to traits.
>
> I'd say that THE major problem in trying to port Croquet to 3.9/3.10
> (which I attempted multiple times) were the changes to the class kernel
> - which are a direct result of applying traits. So I'm not sure that
> saying "it is not due to traits" is the correct way to phrase it.

Could you be more specific about the problems encountered? I'm about to
attempt something similar.

Does Croquet involve modifications to the metaclass hierarchy, or does
Croquest use ImageSegments in a way that became problematic? What parts of
the system in particular were problematic? (Don't dumb down the answer
please).

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg