Hay equipo ? / What a team is ? II

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:06:52 UTC 2008

> But we don't have Jean Todt now.
>
>I very happy if some Master take the lead.

I find the comparison quite pertinent actually... especially if you
remember the state of Ferrari F1 team before Jean Todt arrived.
Ferrari, was still the oldest and most succesful, but results were not
the best at all...
I think Todt brought a direction and some coherence in a team full of
talented and passionnated people... It's not a question of raw
competences but more of communication... Squeak need coherence,
organisation (to me)... Stephane tried but got burned, Ralph
dissapeared (hope nothing bad)...

Who's next ? I would suggest Andreas takes a role in the new team if
he'd like... not the main one maybe, but a role... especially I like
him to implement a simpler traits system. Traits was a first try
(personnaly, I don't use them for now but why removing them if they
are harmless). Stephane has always recognized the implementation
wasn't ideal (especially the metaclass stuff that I have no idea of).
Andreas suggested a simpler implementation (without the
meta-problems). I'd love he gives a try but please don't throw traits
immediatly...

my very 2 cents

Cédrick