[squeakRos] [ANN] Open meeting regarding the Squeak Release Team

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:21:06 UTC 2008

stephane ducasse a écrit :
> Sure I was replying to you.
> If I would have removed all the stuff that I would not be useful to me,
> this is not the 3.9 that you can work with wth all the bugs fixes on all
> kind of places that you would have in your hands. Believe me.
> Now traits are not a problem. We can remove them in may be 2 hours of work.
> If merging Sophie, Croquet, OLPC  would be solved because of that I
> would do it ***immediately*** but this is
> not the problem and if you believe so then believe it, it will make your
> life easier :)

I think that despite all the good work done by Squeakers in this
mailing-list, we have still some communications problems ...

Maybe we could organize a real meeting of Squeak developers, for example
during next ESUG in Amsterdam next august ? I think that a real meeting
could help the community to have a concrete roadmap and achieve the
great reunification of all Squeak forks (Croquet, EToys, ...).

Maybe ESUG (European Smalltalk User Group) could give some money in
order help the developers to attend this event.

Best regards,

--                                                         oooo
Serge Stinckwich                                         OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
                                                           oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##