Class hierarchy topology

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Tue Feb 5 20:30:55 UTC 2008

Hi there,

	after about a year of switching from Dolphin Smalltalk to Squeak as
main development platform I still miss to see the hierarchy of classes as
primary way to navigate the classes in the image.

	Searching the web I've found Whiskler Browser seems to have (at
least for classes) the kind of view I miss but I was unable to make it work
in the 3.10 nor 3.9 images. It loads but when I want to browse a class it
brings a debugger with: MultiSelectHierarchicalListMorph DNU
totalScrollRange

	I love to see the categories *and* hierarchy in, unlike the alt-h
browser, a dynamic navigational way. It helps me to think about the topology
in a way categorized classes will never do. It's a birds eye view which I
need so I can understand the forest shape instead of seeing just groups of
trees. I think the two views are very important for ST developers.

	Have I alternatives to whisker?

	Other browsers that uses as main class navigation pane a tree kind
of view (ala explorer)?

	thanks,

Sebastian Sastre
PD: until now I'm using standard tools plus autocompletion and shout