Complexity and starting over on the JVM (was Re: Traits or not...)

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Thu Feb 7 00:48:12 UTC 2008

For me personally, dotnet is a non-starter because it is not "free" as in
freedom. And mono lies under threat of software patents and possible future
"embrace and extend" divisions. If Java and the JVM were not now free (or
just about) then I would not be as interested in a Smalltalk for the JVM.

Plus, there are dotnet Smalltalks. I hadn't know about the DLR:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_Language_Runtime
thanks for the mention.

--Paul Fernhout