3.10 - Mac OS X Leopard - accent chars and keyboard input

danil osipchuk danil.osipchuk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 16:25:00 UTC 2008

José,

The problem is that it is hard to make a solution in this area for somebody
who is using another language. So, if you find a native speaking person who
can understand current implementation of i17n in squeak - it should not take
a lot of time to come to conclusion if there are missing features or bugs on
a VM side or not.
As to me, I have to say that keyboard input is not handled perfectly or at
least consistently accross different VM platforms (I ended with distinct
InputInterpeters for linux and windows for Russian), but I managed to get it
working.

Even I may try to make an attempt to check accented characters on linux (no
garantees though) if anybody tells me if this
http://www.tux.org/~balsa/linux/deadkeys/index.html is revelant to the issue
or not

cheers,
  danil