3.10 - Mac OS X Leopard - accent chars and keyboard input

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Feb 7 18:06:22 UTC 2008

If you could try the macintosh version of Sophie we would like to see
if keyboard input for accent (czech) characters is wrong, or not?

Yes we know the Linux version is broken, it's just the same VM
everyone uses, but we do want to confirm that the windows and
macintosh version
work properly. That includes typing of course, but also should include
unicode characters in book names and media files.

http://www.sophieproject.org/download/

Actually try the latest developer version at

http://www.geeksrus.com/sophie_builds/Sophie08020601.zip

Please let us know if it does not work for you.

In the macintosh carbon VM to set different features refer to
http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/html/squeakinfoplist.html

I traditionally ship the VM with MacRoman because otherwise the Squeak
file system tools get broken.

However Squeak based systems like Plopp, Sophie,  Scratch, flip the
system to UTF-8.

Perhaps I should set the next release to UTF-8 and let people fix the
file system tools...

--
=
=