#fork and deterministic resumption of the resulting process

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 08:59:32 UTC 2008

On 08/02/2008, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008, at 22:44 , Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
> > And finally, do you really think, that hiding concurrency issues from
> > the eyes of developer helps him to write good thread-safe code?
> > I think, it's doing exactly opposite: makes him think safe and
> > comfortable.
>
> By that reasoning - how about making the image crash on each
> doesNotUnderstand error? That will teach them! The all purpose
> beginners language C does that, too, and actually goes out if its way
> to not be safe nor comfortable, so surely this must be good.

You are right.
But i just wanted to show, that for developing a concurrent program,
developer should 'switch' the mind, to look everywhere in his code,
where he needs to be very accurate.
And if you make him keep thinking that he's coding just a plain
non-concurrent code, then he will never get the correct results.
He should learn from very starting, that developing a concurrent
program is way too different than non-concurrent and requires
different approaches.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.