Complexity and starting over on the JVM (ideas)

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Fri Feb 8 16:00:58 UTC 2008

>>If Athena and Spoon and Dan's project and a few other projects and people
>>could get together somehow, then we might have something even greater, and
>>not several people working mostly on their own. But coming up with a shared
>>vision might be hard?
>
>In my opinion, the key of success for JRuby, Rhino, JScheme, Jython is to enable interaction with Java. When Dan will release its source, I might port Athena on his VM. But again, interaction with Java is crucial.

FWIW, since Potato is in the release process here, I'd be happy to send a private copy to anyone until it's official.  It should be easy to evaluate the convenience of inter-operating with Java (I think pretty simple).  Just send me a message.

	- Dan