Complexity and starting over on the JVM (ideas)

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Sun Feb 10 22:51:19 UTC 2008

True.

Still, there are a few ways to do the VM (I'll probably code the core by hand).

What I more want to do is support easily optimizing bottlenecks in, say, 5%
of a Squeak application's code in a cross-platform way.

I'm willing to tolerate a slow Squeak on the JVM (but faster than Dan's :-)
if the tools are otherwise compelling to amplify personal or group
creativity, especially if I know I *could* make it go faster if I really
needed it to (by sacrificing some of the dynamic nature, like translating
large and larger parts of a performance critical application to Scala/JVM or
Java). But *most* Squeak applications might never need that.

--Paul Fernhout