Complexity and starting over on the JVM (ideas)

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 22:53:37 UTC 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 11:42 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> On 10-Feb-08, at 2:36 PM, Michael van der Gulik wrote:
> >

> > How does having blocks make the stack non-linear? If I pop open a
> > debugger, the stack looks pretty linear to me.
> A block's lifetime is not constrained by the stack. You can pass a
> block as an argument.

But the execution of that block (a BlockContext?) will be added to the top
of the current execution stack thus preserving the linearity of the stack,
right?

At this stage, I'm not sure what "stack linearity" is either... I'm assuming
that Paul was referring to a stack being a linked list rather than a tree?

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/