Morphs as composition of traits?

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Mon Feb 11 10:14:33 UTC 2008

> My personal guess is because it is not "just" another UI. Also there
> appears to be an astonishing lack of interest.

Bert I can't let you saying that. ;)
There was an interest. I send emails to both mailing-list so that
people talked at that time.
You cannot use this argument. :)

As for Sophie some people told me that the event system of Tweak made
things nearly impossible to debug
so.

Then the different iv semantics (with Xml encodings) was not that nice
(I would have prefer
(CField name: fill ) vs <xml.....>.   Linking XML parser with class
internal was always a problem to me. Espcially when
you can use plain smalltalk as for declarative syntax.
Finally having a syntax (may be based on a meta object extension of
class definition) would be better than you be able
to use the browser to define different kinds of instance variables.
(At least relying on bold to represent different iv vs
text representation was inadequate. Imagine copy and pasting code....
and losing semantics.

Igor I posted all that in the tweak mailing-list.

Bert BTW I heard that in fact the tweak of Plopp and sophie were not
the same as croquet, so it is
true that there were forks inside tweak itself?

Stef