Commenting class category

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:54:37 UTC 2008

"cdrick" <cdrick65 at gmail.com> wrote

> The thing is I always find there are too much click to see a class
> comment (one more in OB)... I'd like comments to spring to my face :)

One useful keyboard-only trick is to use e-completion. If you type in a
(partial) class name and hit cntrl-space you get a list of completions,
(n)arrow down to the one you want, arrow right -> will show the class
comment (it will disappear when you hit Esc). It does similar things for
message completions showing  the method body or list of implementors. Very
convenient.

http://uncomplex.net/ecompletion/screenshots.html

It would be great (reduce click-count and browser-count) if it did that
through more than one layer of indirection e.g.
from a list of classes, to a specific class, its list of methods, to a
specific method, all on-the-fly from the keyboard. Right now it spawns off a
separate browser

Sophie