HydraTools and minimal images

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Fri Feb 15 08:10:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 22:52:41 +0100, Igor Stasenko wrote:

>>  >
>>  >  > What i can currently do, is provide an implementation of reliable
>>  >  > bidirectional communication. The rest, i hope you can do yourself.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > If I had a wish free: when you begin with reliable bidirectional
>>  >  communication please use, for the public part, the vocabulary which
>> is
>>  >  present in Socket's message categories #open, #queries, #receiving,
>>  >  #sending and #waiting. Please.
>>  >

>> channels don't having too much methods requiring that many category
>> types.
>>  As you may noticed they are very basic wrap around corresponding
>> primitives.
>>

> Oh, i wasn't attentive when writing this. I meant for current
> implementation only.

... ah, and I was just about to think that it wasn't you who wrote ;-)

> Of course, a bidirectional protocol will look as much as close to
> sockets :)

NB, some fruits with HydraSMS and its same-method principle, a #doit from
a workspace, just out of the blue and neither any other preparation nor
other knowledge:

  | sms | sms := HydraSMS doitAt: 2.
  sms atHomeDo: [Transcript cr; show: 'Hydra .image #2 is up and running']

, for which #doitAt: automagically compiles the very-same method in the
other image :)

/Klaus