HydraTools and minimal images

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Feb 16 09:16:45 UTC 2008

On 13-Feb-08, at 8:32 AM, David Mitchell wrote:

> I'm very interested in OB-Web
>
> Tried loading it yesterday through Monticello, but couldn't figure get
> it running.
>
> I'm going to keep trying, but pointers would be useful.

Yeah, it's a little tricky still. Here's the procedure:

Start with a stock 3.7 image. It may work on other versions of Squeak,
but I haven't tried it. You can download the image here:
http://ftp.squeak.org/3.7/Squeak3.7-5989-basic.zip

Then download FastSocketStream and install it:

http://map.squeak.org/accountbyid/9bdedc18-1525-44a6-9b79-db5d4a87f6f8/files/FastSocketStream-gk.4.cs.gz

Load your favorite version of Monticello, and add the OmniBrowser
repository:

http://source.wiresong.ca/ob

Then load the following packages:

DynamicBindings-gk.1
KomServices-avi.4
KomHttpServer-ac.9
JSON-cwp.19
OmniBrowser-dc.405
OB-Morphic-lr.45
OB-Web-cwp.59
OB-Standard-cwp.322

In a workspace, execute "OBKomHttpService startOn: 8000."

You'll need to use Safari 3 or Firefox 2. Make sure pop-up blocking is
turned off, then visit:

http://localhost:8000/ and click on the link.

Context menus work, but keyboard shortcuts only work in the text pane.
Auto-correction when compiling methods works, but only if you load the
attached ChangeSet, which fixes bugs in Parser.