What's the interrupt key on a French Mac keyboard?

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Sat Feb 16 17:10:29 UTC 2008

On Feb 15, 2008 7:00 PM, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> It's a weird question but we just got it ;-) Since the period appears to
> be a shifted symbol it seems that pressing Cmd-Shift-Period doesn't
> result in a user interrupt? If anyone knows the answer I'd appreciate it.

The more I study this issue, the more confused I get. As I understand
things, the key sequence for canceling an operation in progress on Mac
OS X is supposed to be Command + period, including the shift key if
that's what's needed. But I also hear that there's been much confusion
among application developers, so some people with French AZERTY
keyboards use Command + / in some applications. It may be that you've
found a bug in the VM, but at the moment I can't find an up-to-date
reference on Apple's site that says how this is supposed to be done.

This response wouldn't be complete if I didn't remind you to check
that the cmdDotEnabled preference item is enabled in your image.

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix