Morphic partitioning (was Re: The perfect revision control system)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Feb 17 10:47:26 UTC 2008

El 2/16/08 6:36 PM, "Matthew Fulmer" <tapplek at gmail.com> escribió:

> My current goal is to get delta streams working well enough to
> be of assistance while I try to merge the separate versions of
> Morphic in the various forks, and assist Edgar with Ladrillos:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/Ladrillos
>
> How I plan to use it is as a shared log that could reliably
> replay a set of changes made to a between a set of packages.
> Monticello has issues when moving classes between packages,
> which I envision needing to do a lot in dividing up Morphic. So,
> I want to use deltas to keep track of what I do while moving
> things around, since that is the most reliable order of making
> the changes. Eventually, Morphic should be divided sanely enough
> to use plain Monticello.

I wish all know the current state of divide and conquer the Morphic monster
and the ground to cover for future merging of 3dot11 and MinimalMorphic.

In Ladrillos, I put several Morphic and no Morphic regular .mcz and some
weird .mcz like the Rompecabezas related .

Why weird?. Because Monticello don't have how to deal with some different of
code.
And many "apps" "packages" , etc needs .mp3. midi. gif/png/jpg, etc no code
for work.
Now we could do this with .sar IMHO the best single way of you assemble all
your needs in one logical unit.
Long time away I cook some Monticello for deal with this (Monticello kind of
..sar) , and also modify PackageInfo.

Later I learn Impara guys do the same (preamble/postscript) ,before and
better , but life in not perfect :=)

Also Ralph says if Monticello have owners and maintainers, we must don't try
to mess (Team work)

For 3do11 I complete the reshape, for Nebraska and BookMorphandFriends for
unload /load.
Also have some partitioning for Etoys load/unload, but still I need adjust
with MinimalMorphic , taking Pavel magic and testing several practical
troubles MinimalMorphic have.

The goal is advance as far is possible and don't upset oldies and newbies
Squeakers. (this is the most trickier :=)

For a different way of think in text classes and packages, I have this links

ftp://edgardec:squeak@squeakros.atspace.com/
and then navigate to directory /CompressedClasses for see the 2005
organization and to /3dot11 folder for recent.

In case the ftp ask, user is edgardec and pass is squeak.
Squeak could manage this ftp without troubles and is very reliable.
The only cons is have a 100 k limit for files (we need be efficient)

The classes was gzip compressed from Squeak, using CodeLoader for doing the
".sqz" files.

I complete the Kafkian papers for the new flat and begins the move, so if I
disappear for some days don't miss me much :=)

Edgar