UML Modelling?

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Tue Feb 19 15:24:42 UTC 2008

Sophie,

Yes, yes. I am currently coding with roles as pragmas as in this method:
    /stepArrows
        <Role: #ArrowtrainHead>
        ArrowtrainHead isFinished
        ifTrue:
            [...
            currentState := #FLASHSTAR]
        ifFalse:
            [ArrowtrainHead smallStep]
/where inline code binds role names to application objects through a
collaboration dictionary that lives on the stack. (Through a small
extension of the compiler).

My next step is to code the methods as Traits, thereby further loosening
the binding between role and object/class. I didn't mention the
non-class structures earlier because their usage is somewhat immature
for squeak-like programs. All the behavior part of UML 2.x should be
worth looking at for modeling Squeak processes.

Cheers
--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug       mailto: trygver at ifi.uio.no

Morgedalsvn. 5A         http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver

N-0378 Oslo               Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27

Norway