UML Modelling?

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 15:46:39 UTC 2008

"Trygve Reenskaug" <trygver at ifi.uio.no> wrote in message

>> So there can be many ProjectCollabs going on at a time (one for each
>> project), and each one has its Customer, Programmer, etc. And I can play
>> the
>> Programmer role in more than one of those.
>>
>> Is that consistent with your thinking?
>>
>> - Sophie
> YES. But I am simplifying my work by considering sequential processing
> only. Multiple threads or processes is for the future.

Even with serialized / sequential method calls, you might still want to
handle an object performing some (complete) behavior as
programmer-in-project-1, then as programmer-in-project-2, then back to
project 1, etc. Alternately you can just handle those cases as 2-separate
"programmer" objects composed within one "person" object (if that fits
within your overall role-vs-object thinking), but that might slightly dilute
the role-vs-object distinction.

Just sharing my thoughts, though this is a bit OT from UML modeling..

- Sophie