[squeak-dev] Re: Installing SVI in the latest squeak development images or Seaside1-click

Victor Rodriguez victor.palique at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 16:05:21 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 3:55 AM, Andrew Tween <amtween at hotmail.com> wrote:
> You may need to patch up a couple of methods after installation.
>  I have attached a fileout for this...
>
>  This works for me...
>
>  use sq3.10-7159dev08.02.1.image
>  install SVI-3.9v2-sps.115.mcz
>  install SVIOmniBrowser-3.9v2-sps.8.mcz
>  install svipatch.1.cs    (the attached file)
>
>  open a System Browser from the world menu.

This worked for me on the first try.  Thank you very much!

For others that might be wondering, after the steps above I followed
the instructions in the SVI squeakmap page:

"Do it" for:

    SVI openReadme.
    SVI openSVIDocs.

then I followed the steps in the "SVI-v3.9v2 Changes and Readme"
window.  Even though one of the "do it" lines in there is meant to
disable the preference "duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys", it didn't
work.  I had to do it myself on the preferences browser.

Please note that it was not necessary for me to evaluate
"PluggableSVIMorph beDefaultEditor".

Now, I tried the same steps with the Seaside 1-click image, but I got
the following error while filing in the svpatch.1.cs file:
"MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>methodsFor:Stamp:"  I will try
to see if I can figure it out myself this evening.

Thanks you all for your help.

Regards,

Victor.