[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Hydra VM: A multi-core capable Croquet VM

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 22 00:50:07 UTC 2008

Stephen Pair wrote:
> How does one start a second image (or does it do this automatically
> based on the number of cores)?

Load the HydraVM package and execute:

   HydraVM saveAsHeadlessImage: 'core.image'

This will save the current image in a form ready for loading it in the
background. When you've saved it, start it via:

   HydraVM loadAndRunNewImage: 'core.image'

> On my machine, it seems to run ok for about a minute or so and then
> freeze up (this is on a Windows XP core duo machine).

Interesting. Others have mentioned the same effect. I'm using a slightly
older version of the VM which seems a little more stable (but I know
Igor is looking into the problem).

Cheers,
   - Andreas