[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Hydra VM: A multi-core capable Croquet VM

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 01:22:14 UTC 2008

On 22/02/2008, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> Stephen Pair wrote:
>  > How does one start a second image (or does it do this automatically
>  > based on the number of cores)?
>

> Load the HydraVM package and execute:
>
>    HydraVM saveAsHeadlessImage: 'core.image'
>
>  This will save the current image in a form ready for loading it in the
>  background. When you've saved it, start it via:
>
>    HydraVM loadAndRunNewImage: 'core.image'
>

>  > On my machine, it seems to run ok for about a minute or so and then
>  > freeze up (this is on a Windows XP core duo machine).
>

> Interesting. Others have mentioned the same effect. I'm using a slightly
>  older version of the VM which seems a little more stable (but I know
>  Igor is looking into the problem).

This was introduced due to my latest changes. Sorry guys i didn't meant that. :)
I had freezing problems on my own PC, and did some fixes to eliminate
that before releasing an update. As it turned out, something in
environment (Windows?) causing VM to freeze, because i tested same
images and with same VM binaries and it worked just fine on my PC.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.