[squeak-dev] OB cannot browser implements of messages

Niko Matsakis niko at alum.mit.edu
Sun Feb 24 11:13:48 UTC 2008

If I download a brand new Squeak executable (3.8.18beta1U, Mac) and
dev image (3.9-7067dev08), I am unable to browser the implementors of
a method.  It's easy to test: just start the image, open a browser
window, and type printOn: (or any selector).  You will get a Message
Not Understood error: OBImplementorsBrowser #implementorsNav:

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug in OB?  Perhaps I need a
newer Squeak executable (I see the version numbers don't quite match)?
I haven't had much luck running the Mac OS X image for 3.9 which is
based on unix sources, however: it just goes into some kind of stalled
state and no window ever appears.

Thanks!

Niko Matsakis