[squeak-dev] Re: HydraVM bins update. Was: (Re: Re: Re: [ANN] Hydra VM: A multi-core capable Croquet VM)

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 13:00:35 UTC 2008

Hi Igor:

  I played a bit with this new vm (I think is different from the
  yesterday one) in another machine (were also the images were
  freezing).

  Trying with croquet image, don't freezes anymore.

  Trying with a 3.9-7067 final don't freezes neither.

  In this last I installed HydraVM and the results of trying the commands
are:

  HydraVM isHydra (ok)

  HydraVM saveAsHeadlessImage: 'test.image' hangup the image with lot of
  messages "handling events nnnn" on the cmd console (or log file).

  After this crash the image don't respond (at windows level, means that
  I can't close pressing the X window button) and remain unusable. I
  meant after killing this process the image don't start anymore with
  croquet.exe nor with a common vm.

  Tried the same but with 3.9-7067 dev from Damien Cassou the image
  respond to 2 "Alt + ." when trying to generate the headless image and
  the image seems to be a  bit "confused" (I need to restore display several
times).

  Obviosuly the previous is because I must press "Alt + ." because the
  generation of the headless image never ends.

  Hope this help.

  Cheers.

  ---
  Germán Arduino