[squeak-dev] Checking for recent fixes?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 19:27:53 UTC 2008

Reading another bug report and response, that it's already fixed, just
need an update to be downloaded, i thought, what if make a tool for
checking an updates for fixes?

What i'm thinking of:
- in case of error in release package (such as OB), it can be shown to user as:
 error description and additional button 'look for fix'.

When user presses this button, squeak connects to web service and
putting a 'list of updates' request, which containing a package
name/version & image version. In response, web service should answer a
list of fixes released for requested package.

Users then can easily find out, if there any fix for an error which
they just stumbled upon.

A code for catching errors can be very simple, like:
[ .... ] on: Error do: [:e | self errorInRelease: e ]

Concerning web service.. hey , we already having mantis! I think
adding small script which searches through list of issues using
specific criteria and responds them in a simple list, is not very hard
to do.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.