[squeak-dev] Re: Tansel's answers to the 2008 candidate questions

Tansel tansel at squeakonline.com
Wed Feb 27 11:08:43 UTC 2008

Currently my work week is 80hrs + so it doesn't leave much time for me to do
something for leisure and even then I find places to use Squeak for hobbies,
charity, etc. (See our C5-08 presentation re- Autistic children
http://www.cm.is.ritsumei.ac.jp/c5-08/index.php?Program ). But if the
question is how much time I can spend for Squeak foundation that's another
question. I can simply proportion the required time as necessary because I
see Squeak strategically important to the future of our company, and as the
CTO of our company I can officially sanction myself to spend some of my
working time on Squeak Foundation activities. My work priorities dictate a
good strong base underneath our systems and that is Squeak. Another thing is
our team is growing and I am becoming more independent.

I am more concerned about my abilities to contribute than my time, as the
last few years I was really working hard to create a foundation for our
company. Now I feel myself a more able person who can contribute powerfully
to the community.

Tansel