[squeak-dev] Re: My answers to election's 10 questions.

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Wed Feb 27 11:34:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 00:06:24 +0100, Igor Stasenko wrote:

>  > 5. Do you think the Team model is appropriate for organising our
>  > efforts or should we come up with something else?
>
> Team, is a group of enthusiasts which joining efforts on some task.
> Since all of them are volunteers, and since people's interests may
> change very fast (in a couple of months), it's really hard to push
> task to finish line with same team as it was started.

This is a very realistic view on things-as-they-are.

> Also, most of us don't like to be ashamed being known as someone who
> started something and never finished it.

So there are parts of community engaged in Squeak projects which have
commercial value or with Squeak being used in a business sense, no?

> In general, team model is good, but we need some people spending time
> to oversee project activities and provide help in case if it's being
> stuck.

I do not disagree 100% but when a team reached a situation that they can
only team if they are helped then the helper is the team? Can this be a
self-condradiction or cyclic or spirals, or be avoided?

How/what did the v3dot10 release team receive help after Ralph no longer
responded to the v3dot10 list. I'd appreciate the other candidates also
post their view on the v3dot10 project and team.

> Also, addressed help may be an option to motivate people join team(s).

Right. But when the helpers are voluntary helpers then this can just be
another cycle in the spiral.

/Klaus