[squeak-dev] Re: Delay time question

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Feb 28 06:53:57 UTC 2008

On Feb 27, 2008, at 10:40 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> I hope if you add my sleepless hours i spent making delays for hydra,
> you can come out with
> better results. :)
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Well as the last person to fiddle with checkForInterrupts (with help
from Tim) and to make the
external semaphore signal queues work with interrupt driven code I
admire your courage to rewrite it all.

Noting that the semaphoresUseBufferA and semaphoresUseBufferB exist
because I was forbidden to use
an operating system semaphore become some operating systems couldn't
support it.

Welcome to look for holes in the logic tho.

"You know my plugin signals that external semaphore and the VM never
sees it? Really? Got a test case? Proof?"

Why is the limit 500? Is that big enough? Aren't machines faster?
Somehow I think a ioMutexLock() might lurk in the future?

--
=
=