[squeak-dev] Re: Delay time question

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Feb 28 17:37:55 UTC 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 12:18 AM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Also, I vaguely remember that John had built a better serial port
> plugin (don't remember where I saw this but I'm sure he'll chime in)
> which may very well support this out of the box.

That would be the http://map.squeak.org/package/36c286ee-c0af-4853-98a4-42ea9540f571
It fully exposes all the BSD api for dealing with serial devices. It
was done on i386 FreeBSD and powerPC os-x
so I don't think there are any endian issues, well porting issues of
course.

See the SVN squeak macintosh plugins folder for the
SerialExtendedUnixPlugin xcode project.

On my ftp or idisk in the experimental folder there should be
EnhancedSerialPorts-JMM.11.cs.gz
and
SerialExtendedUnixPlugin.bundle.zip

--