etoys tutorial

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 21:13:08 UTC 2008

etoys tutorial

Hi Kemal,

Seems to me you had a perfectly good expectation of
what to find in a "make your own etoy project". And
its good feedback to let people know how what it is
differs from the expectation.

A very good and interesting way to learn about making
etoys is to watch the 20 episodes of Squeaky tales at:
http://www.waveplace.com/movies/

Their creator, Timothy Falconer (
http://bigfractaltangle.com/aboutMe.jsp ) , has
promised more episodes in the near future.

Hth,

P.S. Etoys related questions might get more
informative answers if directed to the Squeakland
list.

http://squeakland.org/pipermail/squeakland/
***
>kemal asad-syed kasadsyed at gmail.com
>Tue Jan 1 19:08:11 UTC 2008
>

>ok i guess i miss understood what *Make your own Etoy
meant.*
>i am still not able to see any tutorial in
>http://www.squeakland.org/whatis/tutorials.html
>*Make your own Etoy.
>i guess now this is just an empty work-space. to
practice but no tutorial.
>*i am looking on a tutorial on how to use a morph i
built into something
>like an Etoys. particularly i would like to know how
to make my own bricks
>so it shows in the miscellaneous category.
>how to make a flap where i could put all my morphs
for later use an
>instantiation a little like the suply flap but with
my own stuff.
>to be more clear i want to draw a car "suv".
>teach it to "roll over" show the "roll over" method
as a tile for the "suv"
>toys. create a flaps with all my "rebuilt cars".
>i feel quite lost with my current understanding of
squeak . is my design
>even feasible.
>thanks for any help. so far i have tried to track
down how the rectangle
>Morph was build but i haven't yet grasp the concepts
from the code .

>Kemal
***