Documentation options

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Jan 3 19:02:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 18:14:11 +0100, itsme213 wrote:

> "Klaus D. Witzel" <klaus.witzel at cobss.com> wrote in message
>
>> some time ago I tried to convince people  to make available
>> auto-generated, web searchable sourcecode pages from all public Squeak
>> repositories
>
> +1
>
> Like this
> http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-weblocks/docs/weblocks-package/index.html
> sample from a Lisp web framework - it made it so easy to access and
> browse
> something without having to download, install, and poke around in an IDE.

I prefer +open_without_install +poke_around_in_a_Smalltalk_IDE, am a
frequent user of the File Contents Browser. Wouldn't change the format of
the sourcecode so existing tools can be used.

Example: search for class name InstrumentingAssociation on the web,

-
http://www.google.com/search?q=InstrumentingAssociation+From+Squeak+latest+update

Pull the one that looks interesting into Squeak's File Contents Browser
(just in case you haven't used it before, the tools opens .cs and .st
files from local directories and server directories) and browse it. As
usual the tool tells about differences to your running image.

/Klaus

P.S. I don't compare the above with MC ;-)