Documentation options

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jan 3 19:19:13 UTC 2008

On 3-Jan-08, at 10:34 AM, itsme213 wrote:

> "tim Rowledge" <tim at rowledge.org> wrote
>
>> That's such a 19th century approach. Why would anyone want to have a
>> fixed linear view of a mesh entity dynamic system?
>
> Is it more the "static" aspect you object to,

Yah - I triggered on printed. Way back ('82-ish) I even printed out
the class library source myself. Of course back then I had no machine
at home that I could have used for online reading away from work.

> or the web/hyperlinked
> interface? In that case one could always have a Seaside-like
> application
> provide a documentation interface to a live image.
There is - or at least, was. It was at http://swiki.gsug.org:8888/browser/
  but that seems no longer to be there.

> The web interface rocks, for many reasons. e.g. there is no simple
> in-image
> browser with a back-button, or multiple tabs. Squeak browsers are
> not good
> at this kind of browsing.
I think there is indeed a browser (diving browser?) that does that but
us aging greybeards tend to stick to decade old reflexes.

tim
Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with a truly extensive vocabulary