Big Tools question - Why no way to "scope" tools to less than Global?

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:09:00 UTC 2008

Hi Zulq,

> You can restrict the scope of refactorings using the "open environment"
> menu item in the class context menu. You may have seen it above "refactor
> class", "refactor class variable", etc.

Fantastic! Seems slightly buggy (I got several #doesNotUnderstand:
#includesCategory) but I can see this becoming my default browser.

Since re-factoring operations are scoped in this browser, I tried
Senders/Implementors in the same scoped browser and found them global again
(at least I could not find a way). Shouldn't all of these be consistently
scoped?

Thanks,

Sophie