Squeak code now browsable and bookmarkable on the Web

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:25:43 UTC 2008

Beautiful! Way to go, Janko!

As Michael said, tons of enthusiasm from here as well.

Some suggestions:
- use tree-like views by default, ideally with interactive collapse/expand
e.g. grouping categories by common pre-fixes

- somehow css-highlight elements that have/do not have any documentation at
their level (package, category, class, method).

Btw, do MCpackages or Squeak categories exist as objects in the images? do
they have docs? I think docs at this level are invaluable to newcomers to
that package.

Any chance you might add an entry field so anyone can contribute to the
documentation of categories, classes, or methods? Not sure how it would feed
back into the release images, but it would be an easy and accessible input
channel.

And lastly, if the docs contain their own explicit or implicit hyperlinks
(e.g. I seem to recall a doc-related project from Stephane Ducasse that
converted class names into links), how might those (eventually) translate
into links in this browser view?

- Sophie

news:477E95ED.9090002 at eranova.si...