Web fileOut (was Squeak code..on the Web)

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sun Jan 6 22:31:13 UTC 2008

Hi Janko,

on Sun, 06 Jan 2008 22:34:30 +0100, you wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>
>  >>>  fileIn hyperlinks which answer, with content-type: text/plain,
>  >>>  the corresponding fileOut (at all the levels) as .st suffixed
>  >>>  file, same as local fileOut would do.
>
>  >> Thats interesting idea, probably quite useful too. So every
>  >> package/category/class/method would have a FileOut link where you got
>  >> a raw Smalltalk code in fileout format.
>  >
>  > Precisely. This BTW is the only format that I know of Smalltalk
>  > sourcecode (with content-type: text/plain) which is indexed on web.
>
>  > Can't wait to see that in action :)
>
> Done! For a category, class and method. Some examples:
>
> category:
> http://squeak.aidaweb.si:8000/AidaBrowser/AidaBrowser.html
> http://squeak.aidaweb.si:8000/AidaBrowser/AidaBrowser.st
>
> class:
> http://squeak.aidaweb.si:8000/AidaBrowser/AidaBrowser/ABClass.html
> http://squeak.aidaweb.si:8000/AidaBrowser/AidaBrowser/ABClass.st
>
> method:
> http://squeak.aidaweb.si:8000/AidaBrowser/AidaBrowser/ABClass/preferedUrl.html
> http://squeak.aidaweb.si:8000/AidaBrowser/AidaBrowser/ABClass/preferedUrl.st

Great! There are some levels missing (system- and message-category lists)
but the above works :) It's possible that the first few clicks it
redirected to a logon page :( but that does not happen any more :)

Let me know when AidaBrowser is ready for release, for then I can put it
on my squeak.cobss.ch web server and see if the crawlers do like Smalltalk
source code :)

/Klaus