Big Tools question - Why no way to "scope" tools to less than Global?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 07:57:13 UTC 2008

> > You can restrict the scope of refactorings using the "open environment"
> > menu item in the class context menu. You may have seen it above "refactor
> > class", "refactor class variable", etc.
>
> Fantastic! Seems slightly buggy (I got several #doesNotUnderstand:
> #includesCategory) but I can see this becoming my default browser.

Try the latest code, i think I fixed this.

> Since re-factoring operations are scoped in this browser, I tried
> Senders/Implementors in the same scoped browser and found them global again
> (at least I could not find a way). Shouldn't all of these be consistently
> scoped?

These are only the refactoring menus that are scoped. All the other
menus are still using the old tools and are therefor not scoped. For
example there are also two 'rename class' menus, one is the plain old
rename and the other one reactors your code in the given scope.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli