Considering moving to Mac - questions about Squeak on Mac

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jan 8 20:25:05 UTC 2008

On 8-Jan-08, at 12:10 PM, Tom Phoenix wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2008 5:18 AM, itsme213 <itsme213 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How does the Squeak on Mac experience compare to Windows?
>
> I find it helpful (but not required) to use a mouse with more than one
> button when I'm working with Squeak, but not all Mac mice have more
> than one button.

Modern desktop Macs come with a five button plus scrollball mouse, so
it's not much of an issue. Not that I can understand how it is
possible to actually use the two side buttons - I set them to do
nothing for my own sanity.

Aside from that, its simply a case that using a Mac is a little less
painful than using Windows for a little more money. All modern
computer systems can do astonishing things (at least they're
astonishing to us old crumbleys that grew up with 32Kb of RAM being a
real manly workstation) and cause astonishing annoyance.

Wouldn't mind one of the new MacPros with 8 cores and 8 30" displays....

tim
Strange OpCodes: SDJ: Send all Data to Japan