beware GNU Smalltalk if you want to contribute to squeak

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Jan 9 23:19:53 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Janko" == Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> writes:

Janko> To conclude: we should stay away from staring in-fight and press down
Janko> one Smalltalk just because someone don't like its license! We need to
Janko> encourage a cooperation between Smalltalks instead.

Yes, but to do this, either the Squeak core distro license will have
to be changed (again!) (not likely), or the creators of GNU Smalltalk
will have to dual-license their code (unknown how likely).

Until then, there's not much cooperation *legally* possible.  Sad if
that's the case, but that's the choices we've collectively made.