squeakmap and EOCD Position

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Jan 10 10:50:42 UTC 2008

Hi!

Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 01:03 +0200, goran at krampe.se wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > This has been fixed by me - it was the old SHA1 checksum issue again.
> > This can be seen in the transcript btw.
> >
> Good hint :) What is calculated into the SHA1? I only changed the
> URL for the package not touching the file itself. So how could
> there be a old hash?

The SHA1 checksum is on the contents of the file only. It is calculated
when the URL changes and thus - if you upload a new file with the same
name it will give us trouble. I need to do something smart about this.

But your situation sounds different - for some reason when the server
downloaded the file into its cache (when you changed the URL in the new
release (or registered the new release) IIRC) - it appears to have
gotten the HTML file instead. Not sure exactly why.

regards, Göran

PS. For those unaware - SM has a server side cache of all registered
URLs - so that it can still server releases when original URL is for
some reason not reachable. This is decided on a SHA checksum
verification. The cached file can be reached using URLs of this kind:

	http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/GLORP/autoversion/5/cache