License questions.

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jan 15 22:31:00 UTC 2008

tim Rowledge wrote:
>>> I'm guessing (and only guessing right now) that lawyers would tell us
>>> that any code written by you folks whilst employed by HP belongs to HP.
>>> Do I remember explicitly what that code might include? NFW.
>>
>> Well, then let me be very clear: *All* the relevant code that Ian and
>> I have written while being HP employees was contributed to the Croquet
>> project. *All* the code contributed to the Croquet project by HP was
>> approved by the OSS approval board inside HP to be contributed under
>> the MIT license.
> That is extremely interesting and good news. How about other people that
> were at HP? Is there any chance of a copy of whatever documentation is
> involved to show the SFLC lawyers? Is there any hope that Disney did the
> same?

I'm not sure what "other people" you are referring to. As for
documentation, you should ask Kim since she probably has the email
address of the lawyer we were working with handy (although I'm pretty
sure you can find the OSS board and an email address with a Google
search). For Disney, same answer - ask Kim, she is the contact point for
inquiries regarding license etc.

Cheers,
   - Andreas