License questions.

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Wed Jan 16 13:29:22 UTC 2008

Le mardi 15 janvier 2008 à 21:43 +1300, Michael van der Gulik a écrit :

> I'm asking this because I'm about to embark on some significant
> changes to the classes in Kernel and Collections for my SecureSqueak
> project. I want the end result of this work to be released under the
> Apache 2.0 license, if possible.  These changes are scoped to Kernel,
> Collections and a handful of other classes.

You should not worry about that.
Just release your SecureSqueak -- Squeak VM + Squeak image encapsulated
-- under the Apache 2.0 license. The SqL grant you this right.
OLPC, Sophie, Croquet, ... people are doing that just fine.
I am also doing that for my pet iStoa project.

The Squeak license is more a community problem because the SqL is not
acknowledge as a free software license by the free software community.

Hilaire