who ever performed bit logic on large negative integer?

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Sat Jan 26 14:56:47 UTC 2008

There should be a comment somewhere (Integer class comment?) explicitly stating, that you cannot rely on two complement semantics for LargeNegativeIntegers regarding bit logic (bit logic restricted to positive Integers is correct).

I fear, changing the fundamental design decision to use magnitude representation for LargeNegativeIntegers - e.g. by introducing some kind of two complement representation - would imply a lot of work...

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)