[help] How can I get from an array of byte sized integers to a bitmap.

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 04:14:47 UTC 2008

[help] How can I get from an array of byte sized
integers to a bitmap.

I have an array of integers (all less than 255 ).
I have a color form and a pallette for 255 colors.
I have the number of columns and rows that the array
represents.
I want to create a bitmap to map the array onto its
pallette. I'm not quite sure what the intervening
steps are.

Has anyone solved this problem before?

The application I have will essentially update the
array over time and I wish to display it visually. I
would like to do it in a time efficient way rather
than pixel by pixel.

I've looked at the options in the image and I am not
sure which ones are right.

Ideally once the color form is set up I should be able
to update it just by updating the bitmap from the
array periodically.

Anyone know of an easy and robust way to do this?