Promoting Squeak/Smalltalk

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Wed Jan 30 13:57:07 UTC 2008

> What I *am* saying is that I don't think we should be trying
> to achieve "popularity." We should put our efforts into
> developing our technology and empowering the community. If
> that happens to attract new members, great! If not, that's
> fine too. The community we have today is large enough to be
> successful.
>
> Colin

+1 on this. Popularity should not be a primary target not near to be
primary. It should be a natural consequence. Is not I don't like popularity,
on the contrary, but it should come when success is guaranteed (useful
popularity). Put efforts to force popularity easily blurs the focus the
community achieved to make Squeak what it is todays.

Cheers,

Sebastian