Editing class method sources in single place

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:09:02 UTC 2008

"Igor Stasenko" <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote in message
>I just got an idea, what if make option for browser to show all
> methods in one big listing

I also like such a "print-out" view of a class sometimes. More generally,
being able to see a set of user-selectable methods very conveniently would
be really nice.
- "Convenient" might mean simultaneously on screen, or tabs, back buttons,
etc.
- "Selectable" might by
   - entire class
   - all in a message protocol
   - self or hierarchy sends
   - hand-selecting a group of methods
   - even other criteria on method meta-data like <pragmas>, naming
patterns, etc.

It is very painful or impossible to get these kinds of view currently. Some
STers seem very attached to current browsers.

There are browser packages around for doing some of these but they generally
seem to have fallen out of favour. I'm not sure if the new improved
OmniBrowser framework makes this any easier than it was before. OB
previously seemed to be architected to support a series of (single?)
selections. Lukas is working on an updated tool set based on the new OB, I'm
sure he would have a good perspective.

- Sophie