Multi-core Futures was: Promoting Squeak/Smalltalk

Laurence Rozier laurence.rozier at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 15:54:52 UTC 2008

If one is seeking to be a serious software
developer<http://squeak.funkencode.com/2007/10/17/for-serious-software-developers-only/>then
the current size of the Squeak community is not an adequate
foundation.
The Smalltalk community seems to have given up on this larger vision but it
may prove to be the most viable way to a vibrant future. Imagine a future
where some descendant of Croquet islands is baked into the fabric of
everyday devices<http://www.meshverse.com/2007/10/29/how-everything-will-touch-the-meshverse/>.
That is my primary motivator for expanding the Squeak community base.

Laurence