Counting lines of code

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jan 30 19:02:48 UTC 2008

On 30-Jan-08, at 10:50 AM, Tom Phoenix wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2008 10:28 AM,  <squeak-dev.5.pris at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
>
>> what is the easiest way of counting LOC of my project?
>
> Get somebody else to do it.
And more to the point (unless you need it for some printing out type
of reason) don't bother. LOC was never a useful measure of anything in
software and is utterly meaningless in Smalltalk. Some of my most
productive days have had a LOC count of negative a small number.
Sometimes the best solution to a problem is to remove code, not add it.

tim
Dopeler effect (n): The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when
they come at you rapidly.