Promoting Squeak/Smalltalk

David Zmick dz0004455 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 22:36:59 UTC 2008

thanks guys, this is all great stuff, and i am very glad i started
this(although you probably talk about it anyway)

>Case in point: YOU found it; others will too.  Our goal
>should be to have a best of breed tool waiting for them when they start
>to experiment.
i did find it, but only because my dad works for a company that writes
software in smalltalk PetroVR-Caesar  Systems

>Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that we make the community
>into some kind of elitist club where outsiders aren't welcome. I
>really like the way this community treats newcomers, and I wouldn't
>want to change that. I'm a recent arrival myself!
Thats like the hacker communtity, ive been trying to learn about security
for some time now, and it is very hard to get in to learn about anything if
you are not already l337("elite") :)