Editing class method sources in single place

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu Jan 31 13:42:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:59:55 +0100, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure how my name got dragged into this conversation
> - but I do agree with the rest of your post. Setting up a context
> that lets you focus on what you're currently working on is helpful.
> There should be a browser that just shows your "working set", like a
> couple of packages that make up your application. I used such a
> browser framework 10 years ago (Application Management Browser IIRC)
> and it worked nicely, basically each tool had a little checkbox
> switching the filter to your current app on and off. Very handy.

We added something like this to our browser. At the time, we used change
sets for development, and we added a drop-down combo box above the class
categories, which allowed you to choose the "current" change set for that
browser. Any entry in the four lists that was associated with the change
set ended up being a different color, so it was easy to see what we were
working on, while at the same time showing everything else as well.

Later,
Jon