Editing class method sources in single place

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 15:12:45 UTC 2008

"Sebastian Sastre" <ssastre at seaswork.com> wrote
> Hi sophie, did you see Dolphin Smalltalk? It has what they call the *idea
> space* which group all the ST tools in one system window.

I have not see that, but "all the tools" is not what I mean. Rather, all the
relevant snippets/slices of the image that pertain to my task. These slices
would typically (not always) be a group of related methods, where "related"
might mean different things.

Sometimes the identification of the "related" set can be tool assisted e.g.
senders, receivers; hierarchy. Other times it might just need to be user
selected (e.g. the "tear-offs" someone else described). Would this kind of
thing be called a "Pluggable selection criteria" perhaps?

- Sophie